When you run Continuity, you will see the option to register yourself as a user from the splash screen. You don’t need to register to install or use Continuity, but being able to connect to the database requires a registration key as it makes use of federally supported Internet resources at UCSD and the San Diego Supercomputer Center. We encourage you to register and provide us with information about your research interests so that we can improve the tools for your needs and provide useful statistical information to our federal sponsors.
- During the Splash Screen (i.e. the Continuity title screen) select the “Please Register Now…” hyperlink.
- Fill out your registration information. Make sure to use a “.edu” e-mail address, and preferably one you can access immediately
- After filling out your information, click “Submit”. An e-mail should be sent to you immediately (if you used a “.edu” address) with a registration code.
- If you have already registered and you update your installation you can re-enter your key if it is not detected automatically
- During the Splash Screen (i.e. the Continuity title screen, or “About Continuity” screen) select the “Register now…” hyperlink.
- Click the “Enter Registration key” hyperlink, and enter your registration key
- Click OK in the registration dialog
- Click OK in the “About Continuity” screen